7. Malfunction of the motherboard. Symptoms are as follows: unstable work of the laptop, expressed in frequent hangs, spontaneous reboots, falling off external ports, etc. The reason, most often, is banal: the laptop is flooded with liquid or broken off one of the external ports, trying to insert a connector into it. Learn more
This is the most expensive type of laptop repair (of course, based on a breakdown – the replacement of a capacitor is not an expensive repair). Almost all the components on the motherboard can be “removed” only with the help of a soldering station, and the board needs to be heated both from below and from above (otherwise the board will be deformed, the structure of the internal tracks will be broken, etc.), and when installing the chip it is important not to overheat. Attempts to repair the laptop motherboard itself are almost a guarantee of buying a new one.
8. Hard drive failure. This problem can also manifest itself in different forms. Including both the inability to boot the system, frequent hangs, low data read speed, audible crackles, etc. The cause may be shaking the laptop while the hard disk is working (for example, when the transport stops abruptly). Say, in our practice there was a laptop ASUS, the BIOS of which was so so original that it was not booted if there were logical malfunctions on the HDD.
Without HDD, the laptop started normally, but with the disk, when turned on – the black screen instead of the BIOS splash screen and everything. With this problem, you can manage by removing the HDD and reading the information on another computer. The difficulty of removing a hard disk depends on the design of a particular device – often for this you have to disassemble the entire laptop.
Also keep in mind that the case of an inexpensive laptop, the so-called “budget”, is usually more difficult to disassemble than the top model case.
9. Laptop overheating is the most common problem. Is manifested in a sharp decline in productivity. Occurs may be due to several reasons: contamination of the ventilation systems of the laptop; failure of RAM or internal memory of the processor itself; work laptop in a bag. For qualitative cleaning of radiators, again, it is necessary to disassemble the case of the laptop.
10. Faults or damage to external ports (most often USB). It is shown that the port does not work or it does not work correctly. As a rule, the reason for this is the malfunction of the south bridge – the chip, which synchronizes the frequency at which the peripheral devices operate, with the clock speed of the motherboard. Either this is the result of a careless attitude of the user, resulting in mechanical damage to the connector. Repair of ports refers to the repair of the motherboard of the laptop with all the ensuing complexities and risks.
11. Memory failure – overheating, oxidation of contact pads. This is a fairly rare malfunction, in which the laptop either constantly hangs and produces a so-called. “The blue screen of death,” or not at all. You can change RAM either yourself – expensive lap-tops are provided for this purpose – but you can also aggravate the problem if you did not correctly diagnose the malfunction. For example, you made a mistake with the “diagnosis”, installed a new memory, turned on the laptop and – smelled the smoke: something that did not have time to burn out last time.
12.Recovering the video card. With this problem in most cases, the laptop stops working at all. It happens in notebooks with discrete (built-in) video cards, on which the video memory chips are located one above the other and above the video processor. As a result of this construction, the chips are heated to such an extent that the solder melts and fills the legs of the video processor or the processor simply slips off the pads, which leads to an imminent closure. To fix the problem, you need to do the same thing as when replacing the processor. The only difference is that the processor does not need to buy.
13. Damage to the loop with which the LCD matrix is connected. This malfunction is indicated in the blinking of the image when the angle of the screen is changed or when the bars appear on the display. The cause can be mashing the loop, its closure on the body or bad contact.